Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dictionary review transcription

Last week we had to record a video, shoing and explaining online English dictionaries. My group chose the Macmillan Dictionary. Here's what I said about it:

"So, we want to present you the Macmillan Dictionary. When you type in a word… so… it gives you the definition, several definitions, as well as the pronunciation. You can actually listen to the pronunciation. And it gives you word forms that means the different times… uh tenses. Then here you can see, like sentences that serve as an example and you can also look at phrasal verbs."

Actually, I was quite pleased with my pronunciation, even if I probably mispronounced several words. I also said a lot of “uhm” and “so”, but as I spoke off the cuff I think that is alright. Well, when I look at the transcription of what I said, I can see that the sentences are not totally correct, for instance I used the word “times” instead of “tenses”, although I corrected myself immediately. But all in all I am quite satisfied with my recording, although there's always something that can be improved!

No comments:

Post a Comment