Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Winter Playlist

It's time for another sharing of great music!

To be honest, I don't really like winter. Well, Christmas is nice. But everything else - the cold, the snow, the darkness, the cold, the freezing,... have I already mentioned the cold? - is not really something that I appreciate. But music helps me get through this time of year and so I'd like to share with you the songs that I've been listening to over the last couple of weeks.

The Neighbourhood (or The NBHD) with their song "Sweater Weather" (as in winter it's definitely sweater weather) is absolutely one of my favourite songs. The Neighbourhood is an American Indie rock band which have come out with their first album "I Love You" this year. Apart from "Sweater Weather" I also like their songs "Afraid" and "Alleyways".

Becoming slightly more mainstream, I've also been loving Bastille (I'm almost sure you know their song "Pompeii". You don't? Where have you been for the last couple of weeks? In a jungle in Ecuador?). I have to admit, the normal version of "Pompeii" is pretty good, but Bastille's acoustic version of it, which they did for Live in Paris is just way better! However, "Pompeii" is not their only good song. This year they've come with their album "Bad Blood" which includes one of my winter favourites like "Flaws" and "Icarus". Besides, they are British - and British bands are simply awesome!

Another great band is Dry The River, a British folk-rock band. So far, they've released a couple of extended plays; their first album "Shallow Bed" came out last year, together with "Shallow Bed (Acoustic)". My absolute favourite song by them is "No Rest" (it always gives me goose bumps when thy sing "I loved you in the best way possible. I simply love this part of the song), although I also like "New Ceremony".

Yesterday I found this really cool singer called Tom Odell. I checked out some of his songs and realized that one of his songs "Another Love" is actually played on the radio. I haven't really had the time to listen to all his songs but so far I really like "I Know". Tom Odell's music is really relaxing - perfect for a lazy cosy day inside. And just like Bastille and Dry The River, he's British! It seems like all good music comes from Great Britain!

And last but not least: "After the Storm" by Mumford and Sons. In case you don't know (shame on you if you don't!), Mumford and Sons is an British folk-rock band, consisting of Marcus Mumford, Ben Lovett, Ted Dwane and Winston Marshall. I don't know about you guys, but I FREAKING LOVE Mumford and Sons. They are my favourite band of all times. I've known them for about three years now and I still haven't found any band that's better than them. Anyway, let's not talk about the band but more about their song "After the Storm" which is one of the songs on the album "Sigh No More". I know the ins and outs of this album but I somehow overlooked "After the Storm". Some days ago, I started listening to it - and I adore it! Just like all the other Mumford and Sons songs, to be honest.

Well, I hope that you'll check out some of the artists I meantioned above and maybe even find your own favourite winter songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment