I have a
little notebook to write down every sentence that I come across while reading a
book and that I find truthfully inspiring. I love collecting quotes and reading
through them when I am bored. What I also like to do is to write them on the
wooden panel over my bed with a pencil – this way my favourite quotes are
always present in my room.
So here it
is, my collection of inspirational book quotes (as some of them are originally
German, I tried to translate them as well as I can):
“My enemy’s
enemy is my friend”
– Der unheimliche Geisterrufer by Kai Meyer
– Der unheimliche Geisterrufer by Kai Meyer
“If the
whole world is inhabited with monsters and you are the only human – then who is
the monster?”
– Dschinnland by Kai Meyer
– Dschinnland by Kai Meyer
“Young
people want to be faithful but they aren’t; old people want to be unfaithful but
they can’t”
– The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
– The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
“Art has no
influence on our actions. It erases the desire to act”
– The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
– The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
“’You are
my best friend’
‘I know’
You can kill a man with those words.
No gun.
No bullet.
Just five words and a girl”
– The Messenger by Markus Zusak
‘I know’
You can kill a man with those words.
No gun.
No bullet.
Just five words and a girl”
– The Messenger by Markus Zusak
“Today
knowledge has no longer anything to do with education. Just with pressing the
right letters on a keyboard”
– Arcadia burns by Kai Meyer
– Arcadia burns by Kai Meyer
“The
definition of an asshole is a person who does not believe what he sees.”
– The Curse by Stephen King
– The Curse by Stephen King
“Sometimes
people are beautiful.
Not in how they look like.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.”
– The Messenger by Markus Zusak
Not in how they look like.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.”
– The Messenger by Markus Zusak
“You don’t survive
anything. But everything except the last.”
– Paper Towns by John Green
– Paper Towns by John Green
“As he
read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
– The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
– The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
“Thinking
you won’t die is yet another side effect of dying.”
– The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
– The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
“Believe
me, Merle. Humans are better devils than the devil himself is.”
– Das steinerne Licht by Kai Meyer
– Das steinerne Licht by Kai Meyer
“If people
were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.”
– Looking for Alaska by John Green
– Looking for Alaska by John Green
“You just
use the future to escape the present.”
– Looking for Alaska by John Green
– Looking for Alaska by John Green
“The whole
time I had been standing there, waiting for someone to do something, until I
realized that the person I am waiting for is me.”
– Underdog by Markus Zusak
"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite"
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
– Underdog by Markus Zusak
"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite"
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
| Saying "here rules freedom" is always a misconception or a lie: Freedom doesn't rule (roughly translated) |
No comments:
Post a Comment